|What do you want to do?
BCCA Statement on Autumn 2022 COVID booster programme
The JCVI has recommended a move to regular, planned and targeted boosting as the most important strategy to control COVID-19. For the 2022 Autumn booster programme, the primary objective is to augment immunity in those at higher risk from COVID-19 and thereby optimise protection against severe COVID-19, specifically hospitalisation and death, over the Winter 2022/23.
The following groups should be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine in the Autumn 2022:
· Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
· Frontline health and social care workers
· All adults aged 50 years and over
· Persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, as set out in Tables 3 & 4 of the Green Book and selectively reproduced below for cardiac conditions
· Persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression (as defined in Tables 3 & 4)
· Persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers (as defined in Table 3 of the Green Book)
Summary of the current COVID-19 vaccination schedule in children
The RCPCH has produced a very helpful summary of the COVID-19 vaccination schedule for children comprising both primary doses and boosters